Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HARRIET ZINNES

Drawing on the Wall (Marsh Hawk Press, New York, 2002)
Whither Nonstopping (Marsh Hawk Press, New York, 2005)

The least any poet should do is support his/her/hir publisher -- especially the small press -- as much as possible by buying the press' other books. I also like to know the "company" in which my books find themselves by dint of being published. Marsh Hawk Press, which will publish my THE THORN ROSARY in 2010, is a collective of wise poets including Harriet Zinnes. So I acquired -- and enjoyed -- her books. She has a new Marsh Hawk Book, Light Light or the Curvature of the Earth, which I'll no doubt soon pick up.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yes, very true. And poets need
to buy more often from small
presses.

Eileen I would love to interview
you. Please contact me -

miasbed@yahoo.com or

http://poemflesh2.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Cynthia

EILEEN said...

Cynthia,
Thanks for the comment and the receptivity!

I'll contact you in about a week, when I will have fixed some major internet connections I have from home.

Best,
Eileen

EILEEN said...

Cynthia,
Thanks for the comment and the receptivity!

I'll contact you in about a week, when I will have fixed some major internet connections I have from home.

Best,
Eileen

EILEEN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.